Amar Ujala Foundation adopted 5 villages in a valley situated near Dehradun since 2012, so as to empower these villages and work for overall development. The number of villages has increased to 8 now.
• Working rigorously on Women Empowerment, Livelihood, Agri Support, Infrastructure Development, Learning through computers, Food Processing etc.
• Collaborating Organizations – HESCO, FRI, USAC, Wadiya Institute etc.
Apart from this, Amar Ujala Foundation has also created a “LIBRARY” for students of all ages, to have access to finest books including encyclopedias, philosophies, story books, autobiographies, poetries, course books, comics and referential material etc. Empowerment of Women at Baandal Valley: Amar Ujala Foundation has adopted 8 villages in Uttarakhand, in collaboration with HESCO, for the overall uplift of people, focusing especially on women welfare, empowerment and education, skill up gradation and providing livelihood opportunities. AUF had started its work in Sitapur, Sarkhet, GhantuSera, Silla Sera, and Tacchila village since 2012, whereas Kumalda, Bhara Katal and Phulaet are newly added to AUF’s work area. The actual strength of any village lies in the hands of women. Mostly in all remote villages, the women of the village hold all the primary responsibilities such as farming, cutting and maintaining crop, timely watering the crop, taking care of the cattle, taking care of the family etc. Realizing this strength, AUF is working towards empowerment of these women in Baandal Valley, who can learn new skills in their free time, which in turn can help them independently make a secondary earning for the family. In order to achieve this goal, AUF has set up Mahila Mangal Dal, for the women of all 8 villages of the valley – Sitapur, Sarkhet, Ghantu Sera, Silla Sera, Kumalda, Phulaet, Bharwa Katal and Tachhila. Past one year has been really happening for AUF in Baandal Valley. Here is a list of projects that have rooted in Baandal Valley and are flourishing now. This year, 3 specialized training camps were organized in collaboration with HESCO, in order to upgrade the skills of the women working at the sewing center. Also, AUF has provided one high-end embroidery machine, and one high-end machine for fashionable stitching to the sewing center in Sitapur.
1) Food Processing Unit In order to make the most of the natural fruits and products found in Baandal Valley, AUF has set up a food processing center each in Ghantu Sera and Sitapur, where women from Sarkhet, Kumalda, Ghantu Sera, Tachhila, Phulaet and Sitapur prepare a variety of pickles, squash, honey and candies and fruit bars, which are marketed under the banner of HESCO WISE, an FSSAI accredited brand.
2) Baandal Utsav In order to connect Baandal Valley with the rest of the world, Amar Ujala Foundation organizes Baandal Utsav in which imminent personalities from cultural background are invited to participate and interact with the locals. This way the local talent is encouraged and a positive energy is developed to provide momentum for the overall development of Baandal Valley. In the past one year, Amar Ujala Foundation organized two such festivals.
• AUF started 14 Goatry in Dhantusera,
• AUF started 8 Sewing Centre in Baandal Valley
• AUF started One Poultry in Sarkhet,
• AUF started Mushroom Production in Sitapur and Kulmada, Vegetable Production in Fullet
• AUF constructed 5 toilets in Sitapur and 3 toilets in Dhantusera and
• AUF constructed 14 Compost Peat in Sillasera.