Amar Ujala Foundation (AUF) is a social arm of Amar Ujala Publications Limited with a mission to create a better future through empowerment of all.
AUF has initiated and involved in series of Social activities which enables a larger section of society to live their life with dignity and pride – through direct action on the ground with an objective to, empower all – less advantaged first, development of girl child, protecting environment, serve the elderly, identify unsung heroes from all walks of life and to help unfold excellence in our youth.
Launched at the dawn of Indian independence, the objective of Amar Ujala was to promote social awakening and introduce a feeling of responsibility among citizens. Amar Ujala is the fourth largest read Hindi daily in India. Founded in 1948 from Agra AU is now distributed in Chandigarh, Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand and New Delhi.
AUF and Amar Ujala has shown its social impact through many activities, some of the notable ones are:
Swasth Shareer Surakshit Jeevan
Amar Ujala Foundation has been doing Health Camps since 2013 at remote villages in Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand and Haryana. Senior Doctors from local Govt. Hospitals, and some renowned Doctors from Private Hospitals examine the residents of these villages. AUF has recently adopted 28 villages – 3 in Agra, 3 in Bareilly, 3 in Haldwani, 5 in Dehradun, 2 in Moradabad, 3 in Aligarh, 3 in Meerut, 3 in Rohtak and 3 in Ghaziabad. With this AUF wishes to strengthen the Primary Health Centers in each villages, wherein AUF provides bimonthly free blood testing facility, free medicine distribution and medical examination by experienced Doctors.
- Conducted more than 50 health checkup camps from Feb 2013 till now.
- More than 1 Lakh people benefited so far
- Collaborating Organizations – In collaboration with local Govt. Hospitals
Amar Ujala Foundation has been doing skill upgradation, personality development workshops and science workshops in Government Schools of Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand. Experts from various spheres of life interact with school students and give them tips to build a better future. These workshops started way back in 2011 itself, when Amar Ujala Foundation was not established, but the team and intention were the same.
- Conducted more than 100 workshops since July 2011.
- Touched more than 50,000 students, in more than 100 schools across Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand.
- Collaborating Organizations – Center for Science and Environment, Apollo Hospitals, AIMS Faridabad, IIT Delhi, Agastya Foundation, Atelier Theater Group, Pratham etc
Safe and Secure Cyber Campaign
Amar Ujala Foundation has been doing workshops for government as well as a few private school students and teachers of Uttar Pradesh, to make them aware about the precautionary measures to be taken in the cyber world, in order to prevent cyber crimes. AUF also organized a 40 days certificate course for school students on Lucknow and Kanpur, to enable them become a responsible netizen.
- Secured more than 15,000 students through a series of Cyber Awareness Workshops and Certificate Courses
- Conducted more than 80 workshops in Lucknow, Kanpur, Bareilly, Ghaziabad and Noida
- Published more than 100 informative articles on cyber crime and security to make the readers aware
- Collaborating Organizations – Uttar Pradesh Police, Indian Cyber Army, Open Security Alliance, Wormboat Technologies, Secugenius Security Solutions
Blood Donation Campaign
Amar Ujala Foundation has been doing blood donation camps across its unit at various occasions. AUF has also created a database of blood donors at Kanpur, where blood donation drive takes place nearly every day, whereas Dehradun and Agra unit follow Kanpur closely. Kanpur and Agra units are also running a unique blood donation helpline service which is being coordinated by local health reporter.
- One of its kind blood donation campaign across all 7 states where Amar Ujala is present
- More than 30000 units of blood collected since September 2013
- Also running a Blood Donation helpline in Kanpur and Agra.
- Collaborating Organizations – All the local District Hospitals
Aatm Suraksha Abhiyan
Amar Ujala Foundation has been doing workshops for government school girls where Judo experts interact and teach the students the art of self defense.
- More than 10,000 such girls learnt Judo skills
- Conducted more than 20 workshops since January 2013.
- Amar Ujala also partnered with Sony Crime Petrol, defense program for women in Uttar Pradesh
- Collaborating Organizations – Uttar Pradesh Judo Federation, Uttar Pradesh Police, Haryana Police
Baandal Valley Development Project
Amar Ujala Foundation has adopted 5 villages in a valley situated near Dehradun since 2012, so as to empower these villages and work for overall development.
- Working rigorously on Women Empowerment, Livelihood, Agri Support, Infrastructure Development, Learning through computers, Food Processing etc.
- AUF aims to adopt all 98 villages in the valley by 2020.
- Collaborating Organizations – HESCO, FRI, USAC, Wadiya Institute etc.
Amar Ujala Foundation organized a one of a kind film festival during which more than 1.5 lakh students were shown educational movies.
- One of a kind film festival for students across 5 states, 24 different locations
- More than 1.5 lakh students participated to see the movies made by CFSI
- Collaborating Organizations – Children Film Society of India(CFSI)
Beti hi bachaegi advocacy campaign
Primarily a campaign run by Amar Ujala, in which Foundation partnered for the execution of activities in Varanasi. This was a massive program to save and motivate girl child by Amar Ujala Publications.
- More than 15 lakh people volunteered for this program across 5 states
- With support from various film celebrities like Madhuri Dixit, Amir Khan, Chhavi Rajavat, Arshad Warsi etc.
- Amar Ujala was awarded best campaign at GOAFEST ABBY Awards and exchange4media Dainik Bhaskar INK Awards
- Collaborating Organizations – ONGC, ETV Uttar Pradesh
Adolescent Girls Campaign
This was a one of its kind campaign to promote and encourage the girls of rural areas who endeavour to bring a change in the society, in which senior journalists volunteered to visit remote villages across India, and identify Adolescent Girls, who have been doing exemplary work to make a change in the society.
- More than 20 articles published
- A book named “Profiles of Courage/ हौसलों की दास्तान” published.
- Currently running a program in Mirzapur, where a panel of journalists visit 30 villages to empower and encourage the presentation skills of young adolescents
- Collaborating Organizations – UNICEF
Amar Ujala Foundation has been organizing one stop camp to provide solution for all the basic needs of the disables through a unique campaign in Kanpur since past 2 years. Railways, Development Authority, Government Representatives, Banks, Medical Colleges, NGOs, Legal Desks all gather at one place to provide free passes, certificates, medical checkups, artificial limb and accessory distribution as well as scheduling of free operations and surgeries, all under one roof.
- More than 10,000 people are benefitted at every camp
- Soon, Agra, Lucknow, Dehradun and Allahabad are going to organize similar camps.
- Collaborating Organizations – Narayan Seva Sansthan, Various NGOs, Local Govt. Authorities
Cancer Checkup Camps
Amar Ujala Foundation is organizing Cancer Checkup Camps across 9 units – Jhansi, Aligarh, Agra, Lucknow, Kanpur, Meerut, Varanasi, Allahabad and Rohtak, since 2013, in collaboration with Bhakti Vedanta Hospital Mumbai. Not only free medical examination, but free treatment and lodging facilities also extended to the underprivileged.
- Senior Doctors examined more than 50,000 people till now
- Collaborating Organizations – Bhakti Vedanta Hospital
Police Ki Pathshala
Amar Ujala Foundation has been conducting a one of a kind “Police ki Pathshala” workshop to develop respect for law in the youth. Senior level Police officials interact with young students and inspire them to follow the law.
- These workshops started from June 2014 in Kanpur, and are now being conducted across all Amar Ujala units
- Collaborating Organizations –State Police
Understanding Road Safety
Amar Ujala Foundation has been conducting road safety workshops to develop an understanding of traffic sense, and precautionary measures amongst students, while driving on road.
- Road safety programs with Maruti at Greater Noida, Noida and Ghaziabad in Jan – Feb 2013
- More than 2000 students educated through this program.
Acid Victim Empowerment Campaign
Amar Ujala Foundation has been continuously empowering acid victims by help in treatment, legal help as well as livelihood generation. Amar Ujala Foundation also started a special Acid Victim Empowerment Fund with initial help of Rs.5,00,000 in October 2014. The reach of AUF is not limited to only a few, but actually AUF has extended helps to victims even outside the circulation area of Amar Ujala.
- Purchased an auto rikshaw for father of an acid victim in Bareilly, apart from extending financial help of more than Rs.32,000
- Provided more than Rs.1,00,000 till now, as help to various acid survivors across India.
Swasth School Swasth Gaon
Amar Ujala Foundation organized Anemia Awareness Camps in remote villages adjoining NCR, in 2013 and 2014.
- Conducted more than 10 workshops in Greater Noida, Noida and Ghaziabad during January and February 2013.
- More than 5000 girls were examined and given free medicines
- Collaborating Organizations – Apollo Escorts, Yashoda Hospitals
Matdata Jagrukta Abhiyaan
Amar Ujala Foundation organized a unique voter awareness campaign across Amar Ujala units at a massive scale, wherein many events, seminars, rallies were organized to encourage maximum people registering for voter card and voting for Rajya Sabha elections. Not only this, AUF organized a slogan writing competition too.
- From Jan 2013 till May 2013
- Lakhs of people throughout 7 states participated in these rallies
Amar Ujala Foundation organized Adhaar card creation camp at Kanpur in November 2014 which benefitted more than 2000 people up till now. More such camps to be conducted at all Amar Ujala units soon.